Well.
Today I did.
I looked that chasm right in the face and said, "NO THANKS." Then I walked away. It was awesome. Can you tell I'm proud of myself? Haha, well I am.
This sin that I overcame today is something I have been struggling with for such a long time. One of the more burdensome sins, one that really ways me down.
But right now I feel as light as a feather.
God is SO good to me, and I really don't deserve it. It's victories like these that help me remember how much He loves me. It's the highs like these that make the lows worth it. And it's one of my very favorite reasons for living.Annnnnnnnnd onto a different topic :)
Do you have friends that always bring you up? That always leave you smiling, even if you've been talking about something difficult and troublesome?
I think those are the best kind of friends.
Lately, I've found quite a few of these friends. They are like water to my soul. So incredibly refreshing and yet another reminder of God's love for me. Whether they are good listeners, very comforting, someone I can be a dork with, or just understand everything I say without questioning, I have found so many wonderful friends. I am so thankful for them and I have no doubt that I would not have been able to get through the past few years of my life without them.
So to Kirstin, Mackenzie, Melanie, Kristin, Leah, Gabby, Jessica, Corrin, Alyssa, Skye, and Tanya:
THANK YOU. Thank you for being there for me, loving me, being such a refreshment and encouragement to my soul. Thank you for being so wonderful and for putting up with my craziness. You're some of my very favorite people.
That's pretty much all I have on my mind today... I am on cloud nine, so happy and uplifted. I had an interesting day at work, a boring day of class, and a wonderful afternoon with my wonderful boyfriend. Now it's time for homework and time with God. I hope you all are in as great of a mood as I am :)
Never forget His love for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment