Trust has many meanings. For example:
To have confidence or faith in.
Reliance: certainty based on past experience.
Extend credit to.
They all mean the same thing. You believe the person, place, or thing. What they say or imply is true. They will not betray you. You do not have to fear being hurt because you believe them.
TRUST.
What a simple concept.
What a fragile thing that holds our relationships together.
It takes years to build up, but only seconds to shatter.
Isn't that amazing? I myself, of course, have done stupid things and shattered people's trust. As has everyone else. I cannot help but wonder why humans are so stupid. No offense - I am quite aware you are human. But why on earth do we hurt the ones we love? Why do we forget how important they are until we face their broken hearts? We see the hurt on their faces, and suddenly it all comes crashing down around us. Suddenly we remember how important they are to us! How much we care for them! That we would give anything to mend their hearts!
Why couldn't we remember that in the first place?
I have wondered this countless times... What I did to betray their trust seemed so important at the time, until I faced the person and the consequences of what I had done.
Perhaps the most epic of failures.
People let us down. Every person we know absolutely, without a doubt will betray our trust. So the question is whether or not we will continue to trust. I know that I will, because I place the majority of my trust is in something far more wonderful than human beings.
My trust lies in Christ.
He defines my life, He has never let me down, and He is always there - even when I think I am most alone. He sends me exactly what I need, even if I do not understand it at the time.
Where does your trust lie?
No comments:
Post a Comment