Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I realized today how little I have written on here in the past few months. I mean, I've been busy but not THAT busy, ya know?

Let's see... I suppose I'll sum up the past few months...
  • School ended rather abruptly, and finals week was a breeze (except that I was really sick :/ ). I had a week off and then summer lessons started up. So right now I'm taking Spanish, Literature, Technology, and Colorado History.
  • I've been going to Denver Community Church, and the pastor is an excellent teacher. Kyle and I have been going to a Bible study together, and the people there are pretty fantastic. My mom gave me some Beth Moore studies, so I have been studying the Fruit of the Spirit and that has been one heck of a journey.
  • My sister graduated in May, and she's getting ready to head to FoCo and become a CSU Ram. She's stressed, but I think it's just nerves. After all, moving out is sort of a big deal.
  • I've given up on a few of my friends. They were too manipulative, too selfish, and too stuck in high school. I love them dearly, but I'm setting boundaries for myself and calling it quits so I can have healthy friendships.
I think that's just about it. Life has been good. I'm very thankful for all God has blessed me with, and He has been transforming, restoring, and renewing me in ways that words simply cannot explain. He has shown me how to find peace and joy in Him, and He is really teaching me about Himself. It's pretty awesome.

I can't believe I've already been with Kyle for four months. In some ways it has flown by, and in some ways it seems like it has taken ages. Some days have been wonderful, and other days I have struggled to release my past. I think now that I finally allowed God to transform me this will be a start to a whole new adventure with him (Kyle, I mean.).

I also can't believe that I have 10 days left of class, 16 days until I go to Texas to meet Kyle's family (yikes!), and 50 days until I move. Summer flew by... 'Cause I swear just yesterday I had a hundred days left until I move.

That also means that I'm sooooo close to being done working at the dining hall! I had a job interview at the Buckle yesterday, and I have another one at Claire's next Monday, so hopefully I'll be done at the dining hall even sooner than I had hoped.

So, basically, life is going onward and upward and I am enjoying pretty much every second of it.

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
-Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment