Friday was pretty terrifying, I was super nervous, but it turned out to be alright. They did lose recess today though, for talking too loudly and not following directions. Friday afternoon they just could not seem to hold it together, so today's afternoon recess was spent inside, reflecting on why they lost recess and what they will do in the future.
Today (Monday) was wayyyyy better. I started off by telling them they had a fresh start, and exactly what my expectations were so I think that helped a lot. During recess I had them reflect, and some of their reflections made me laugh so I thought I'd share:
"When we were working on letters, people just kept talking and talking and talking. Even when they were done!"
"On Friday we were being very noiuse. Next time we are writing somthing important we will zip it."
"Dear Mrs. Mason,
I am sorry that we were talking when you told us three or more times to keep quiet....
Sinceriously,
XYZ"
"Next time I will not lollygag or toss stuff around that is what I will not do next time."
"The only way I can repay you is by letting you make me spend recess in and by reorginizeing the cobourds (cupboards)."
"First, I wont upset you again. Second I wont mess around when I'm not supost to. Last, I wont talk when I'm not sapost to.
They were such cuties today when we were discussing why they lost recess and how we could fix how we behave in the future. These fourth graders are super chatty but absolutely kind hearted, hard working, honest kiddos.
This is gonna be a great last semester, and I cannot wait to have my own class :)
No comments:
Post a Comment