Thursday, November 4, 2010

Guardian angels

This morning while I was driving to class, the song Light up the Sky by the Afters
came on Way-FM.
Every morning, as the sun rises, that song comes on and I love the way God is lighting up the sky. It reminds me how intimately involved in my life He is, because I adore that song.
Anyhow, this morning as I was thinking about Him and how awesome He is, I started thinking about how He knows where each of us is in our life journey and He walks with each of us every single day. Somehow that turned into thinking about guardian angels.
Catholics pick their patron saint, Christians buy guardian angel goodies like visor clips or stickers, and even the media buys into the concept of guardian angels.
Now don't get me wrong - it's not that I dislike the idea of guardian angels, it's very comforting and it may very well be true.
But so much of the time we shove God into a box and make Him smaller than He really is. Perhaps we have angels caring for us, but we also have THE MIGHTY GOD OF THE UNIVERSE, the great I AM, our Rock and Fortress walking by our side and carrying us when our strength has waned.
We shrink God and think that He couldn't possibly care about us or know us by name, but it's better than that! He knows the number of hairs on our head, what we need before we know it ourselves, and every tear we have EVER cried we have never cried alone - He cries WITH us!
God cannot be contained an He adores each and every one of us. We are His masterpieces. Remember that today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment